Re: [TowerTalk] Drill motor

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Drill motor
From: Bryan Swadener <bswadener@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 21:27:47 -0800 (PST)
Hi Mike,

To tilt/telescope my UST TX-472 + F12 C-4XL yagi, I use a refurbished
Milwaukee Super Hawg (13A, 400rpm) that I found on eBay for a
couple hundred dollars. The Ridgid unit can be had for less money but,
it's also rated 9A, 400rpm.

The Milwaukee unit is a monster -- if I don't stop, it takes only about
30 seconds to tilt and another 30 to telescope.  I take more time,
to avoid tangline feedlines & wire antennas.

I use the N6RK method of adapting the winches to be driven by the
drill: http://www.n6rk.com/drill_adapter_for_winch/drill_adapter_for_winch.html

vy 73,
Bryan WA7PRC
http://www.tinyurl.com/wa7prc-tower