Re: [TowerTalk] TIC ring slipping

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TIC ring slipping
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 21:18:41 -0500
Inspect the gears and make sure that the motor assembly is fully meshed.
Rings are not round so maybe push the motor in a little tighter.  I think
it's hard to make it too tight. I turn a very heavy homebrew 20m beam on a
60' boom with two 40m OptiBeam elements interlaced and the only time I have
had slippage is when the spur gears wore out.  I machined new gears as
replacements were not available from the manufacture. Surprisingly, the wind
has never backdriven the small German windshield wiper motor that TIC used
in this model.

John KK9A