Re: [TowerTalk] Hustler 5BTV - multi band trapped vertical antenna

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hustler 5BTV - multi band trapped vertical antenna
From: Rob Martin <rgmrob@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 16:00:22 -0700 (PDT)
Jim,

Thank you for the reply.

I have done modelling of verticals over various radial systems on a single band
with results very similar to those you presented in your paper.

What I would like to do is to model the Hustler 5BTV so the effect of radials
cut for different bands and attached simultaneously can be seen across all five
bands that the antenna is supposed to serve.

This is going to need a way to model the traps and loading hats. On looking
around, it seems that others report difficulty in modelling the traps in an
manner that gives results that line up with actual measurements.

Just so I'm clear, I would like to be able to simulate the multiband antenna
(traps, hats and all) on all of the bands it claims to serve, and vary:
    the height of the feed point,

    the radials  - vary how many and recognize that each radial will start at
the feed point, have a length and a "route" from one end to the other. Some
will be simple: a length, an azimuth and a "relationship" to the ground below
(downtilt or straight out).  Some radials will not be straight and, by
necessity, have to conform the available space.

Again, many thanks for your help.

Rob
K7QJ / G3WKH