Re: [TowerTalk] Back of desk grounding buss

To: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Back of desk grounding buss
From: Charlie Gallo <Charlie@TheGallos.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 10:19:47 -0400
On 3/25/2014 K4SAV wrote:

> Even this forum isn't very good.  The obsession about back-of-the-desk
> bus bar is something that makes little difference for lightning
> protection.  When you are putting in large conductors at your desk to
> handle lightning currents, you have already lost the battle.

Actually, when I asked the question, it was only secondary to lightning, it had
more to do with general "good grounding practice".  Yes, I know we have to keep
the current outside, and I'm upgrading THAT system too.  Extra ground rods
going it, bonding stuff is here (silver brazing vs Cadwelds - hey, I have the
welding gear, so I might as well braze)

The Good news (lightning wise) and bad news (signal wise) is I'm on the bottom
of a hill, with the antenna at 35 ft, and everything to the east of me is
higher, from the roof of my neighbors house (circa 100 ft away) to the Church
steeple (less than 500 ft away, over 100 ft tall).  Far from being the highest
thing in the neighborhood.

--
Charlie
www.baysidephoto.com