Re: [TowerTalk] Fulton 2500 winch single or dual speed?

To: Wayne Kline <w3ea@hotmail.com>, "Gerald J. Mc Grantham" <kc4rn@comcast.net>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fulton 2500 winch single or dual speed?
From: Jon Pearl - W4ABC <jonpearl@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2014 11:51:22 -0400
Hi Gerald,

Have you given any consideration to a worm gear drive?

Dutton-Lainson lists several conventional 'brake' style hand winches on their site but they also offer several worm gear styles.

WG2000: http://www.dutton-lainson.com/proddetail.php?prod=11001

Description: "2000 lb Worm Gear Winch with 5/8 inch hex drive. Comes with mating handle that can be removed easily without tools. Also allows the winch to be operated with a power drill hooked directly to the drive shaft."

Specs and Model Comparison (WG2000 in middle of list): http://www.dutton-lainson.com/wgspecs.php

Hex Drive Worm Gear Video: http://www.dutton-lainson.com/LUYqVE1R2KA.php
Two Speed Winch Video: http://www.dutton-lainson.com/Jo3Zgfxuxk8.php

I'm impressed that their products carry a warranty; are made in America; they offer specs and they actually list repair parts.

73,

Jon Pearl - W4ABC
www.w4abc.com