Re: [TowerTalk] Poor eHam reviews of the AV 480

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Poor eHam reviews of the AV 480
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2014 16:58:17 -0700

I assume that you're referring to the AV-680 since there is no such thing as a Hy-Gain AV-480, but more importantly ... why would you presume to override the poor reviews from other hams?? The product reviews on eHam are notoriously flawed, mostly inaccurate, and rarely useful ... but they do represent the feedback of various hams and yours should carry no more weight than theirs. eHam is not a testing service.

That being said, as I write this there are three reviews for the AV-680 on eHam.net and all three (!) complain about missing parts and/or defective connections. How exactly do you jump from that to assuming the users "probably have no idea of how to set up a vertical?"

Dave   AB7E