Re: [TowerTalk] KT36 Balun

To: Jim W7RY <w7ry@centurytel.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] KT36 Balun
From: Dan Hearn <n5ardxcc@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 20:14:37 -0700
Jim, I also have Sevicks book. The W1JR job on page 33 is widely used,
easily built,  and is commercially sold by Balun designs. The small teflon
coax is unbelievably rated at 9kw at 10mhz. I have built more than a dozen
chokes of this general type and measured their impedance from 160 thru 6
meters with several thousand ohms Z.

73, Dan, N5AR

On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 7:43 PM, Jim W7RY <w7ry@centurytel.net> wrote:

> Which balun do you recommend for the M2 KT36?  A voltage balun or a
> current balun? I run 1500 watts during RTTY contests.
>
> I’m planning on winding my own. I have Jerry Sevick’s book on building
> them.
>
> Thanks!
> 73
> Jim W7RY