[TowerTalk] Mosley

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mosley
From: r miles <greenacres113@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 11:46:07 -0400 (EDT)

It comes down to personal choice & if you afford any antenna. If you can put up 100'+ towers & large antennas that's great. Most of us will never do that. My TA 33 has been up 35 yr.s. Tornado broke an element. I simply sleeved an element bit over the repaired spot. SWR nor anything else changed. I've used Mosley split driven element parts to make 12 & 17m yagis. Also my 30m Moxon. I use Cebiks formulas. All have stayed up & working for yr.s. I don't like the 57/67 models. I don't think they are very gud. for the effort. Just my opinion. I have a TA 33 @ 50' and never ran more than 600w out. Just the way I see things. Not a contester but have several nr 1 in section cert.s from the major DX contests. Also I'm currently @ 360 on the DXCC rolls. It's just what you can be happy with & can afford. A 100 guys can say they had great success with a certain antenna but that doesn't mean you will or won't. It's like buying a new car. You get what you will be comfortable with. You're the driver........

AR