Re: [TowerTalk] Site Elevation and TOA

To: towertalk@contesting.com, richard@karlquist.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Site Elevation and TOA
From: K7LXC--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 11:34:42 -0400 (EDT)
>  One thing that I always wondered about with W7RM is  whether his
verticals on
the beach (which he used for receive
only) would  have made killer transmit antennas.  It seems to me that the
salt water  would make a lot more difference with vertical polarization.

    I don't remember the beach verticals but there  were  a couple of yagis
at the bottom of a north facing 300' bluff looking  down the throat of
Puget Sound with saltwater from JA to EU. They were  mostly listening antennas
as they attenuated most of the pesky W5's and W6's.

    The W7RM station on Foulweather Bluff was on  a small peninsula with a
300 degree saltwater shot. What a radio  location!

Cheers,
Steve      K7LXC