Re: [TowerTalk] Cutting 2" Heavy Wall Cr-Mo Mast Up on Tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cutting 2" Heavy Wall Cr-Mo Mast Up on Tower
From: Bert Rollen <rollen@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2014 16:14:07 -0400
"We" (actually K4IDC & our friend Wes) just removed a 24' version from my
tower, with a short gin-pole (~12' ??).

To lower the mast's center of gravity, we used a heavy bracket to attach a
50 cal ammo can to the mast, and filled the can with a few bags of lead shot
(I am a ammo reloader, so had it on hand).

Pulling a heavy mast is always hairy, but this worked very well. We added
~60 lbs in our case, but err on the heavy side.

K4AR

Bert Rollen, PMP
rollen@comcast.net
865-599-6074