[TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: freight cost of tower part

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: freight cost of tower part
From: Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 10:05:31 -0400 (EDT)
Yes, it's a Rohn tower.

Just for fun I asked DHL, as i already had them on the phone how much it would
be and, yes, they asked for about $6 000. As it was resident-to-resident "it
has do go by air".

A few years ago I shipped a bunch of furniture from Sweden to here and the
total cost was only about $500 and that included trucking it from the seaport
to my house. I don't remember now how I did it but I guess time has changed.

I can see that if I have e.g. a 100 foot tower that is assembles, it will be
expensive but for something 10 foot long, ridiculous.

Hans - N2JFS