Re: [TowerTalk] short survey

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] short survey
From: "WA3GIN in Alex. City, VA" <wa3gin@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 20:11:16 -0400
Hans,

I still climb...age 65. But I prefer to put my wife in the man-cage of my
neighbors 100ft 40ton crane. I give her a 2m handheld and a bag of tools.
She takes instructions very well... This way I can stay on the ground and
have a beer with the crain operator...

Crank-ups can be just as dangerous for climbing even when nested... Falling
from 20ft at any age can be fatal or at least extremely painful!  I think
this year at least 14 professional tower climbers in the USA fell to their
deaths... The ARRL doesn't keep track of how many hams fall to theirs...

Tell your wife if she give you're the insurance premiums for ham radio
purchases you'll stop climbing ;-)

73,
dave
wa3gin@COMCAST.NET