Re: [TowerTalk] MFJ repairs

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] MFJ repairs
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 13:13:07 -0700
On Sun,8/31/2014 12:56 PM, Bill via TowerTalk wrote:
By the way, my MFJ 259 arrived on Friday....a couple of days short  of two
months from when I shipped it until I received it.  Yes, it does  work.

While we're talking customer service, my neighbor W6GJB had two equally bad experiences with SteppIR repairs of motor assemblies for his nearly new DB18. This was roughly 12-18 months ago. A motor assembly sent in for repair, 6-8 weeks later he calls, "oh, it's here ready to ship." He gets it installed, figures out that the other two are also bad, sends them for repair. 6-8 weeks later he calss, "oh, they're here ready to ship." And this was for a nearly new antenna in warranty.

I have one of the original 3-el SteppIRs and I love it. But I don't love their service.

73, Jim K9YC