Re: [TowerTalk] 58 M Freeclimb

To: reflector -tower <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 58 M Freeclimb
From: Kevin Kidd <kkbroadcastengineering@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 08:48:03 -0500
When I was doing a lot of tower work in the late mid-80's thru 1994, I
regularly climbed 180ft 2-way towers in one run carrying my test equipment
and/or rope and pulley.  If I was going higher I normally stopped at
40-50ft intervals for a couple of minutes.  180ft in one stretch required
an extended rest but it usually took my ground man 10-15 minutes to hook up
so I had time to rest.

I was also about 30 years old, raced motorcycles and 4 wheelers, rode at
least 10 miles per day on a mountain bike AND weighed 250 lbs.

Later,

Kevin C. Kidd, CSRE/AMD
AM Ground Systems Company  -  WD4RAT
kkidd@kkbc.com  --  866-22-RADIO -- 866-227-2346