[TowerTalk] Ham IV Direction Controller PLUS

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ham IV Direction Controller PLUS
From: Donn Drury <dsdrury1@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 16:53:06 -0600
I have a 3 year old Ham IV rotor with the newer Controller PLUS
which uses two LEDS located in the bottom of the meter. Mine are burned out
or not working. I have tried and tried to find a schematic for the Controller
PLUS
with no luck. There are two leds in series that measure 24V AC across them.

I did locate a Hy-Gain Replacement Parts list from MFJ that calls these bulbs
“Incandescent light bulbs, 28v, for “PLUS” controller”. $1.95 each

They also show Incandescent Light Bulbs, 28v for controller with EXTERNAL meter
lamp. Bayonet base.

Are these LEDS or Incandescent? Surely I am not the first person to have these
meter lights go out on a Ham IV PLUS Controller. Has anyone else ever replaced
these lamps in the PLUS
controller?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Donn W0TK