Re: [TowerTalk] Terminate braid at top of tower...or not?

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Terminate braid at top of tower...or not?
From: "Don " <w7wll@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2014 10:34:26 -0700
That is a great question. I also have a tall crankup and am in a very corrosive salt air environment where is difficult (not impossible but one has to be methodical) to seal off connectors using all the best practice methods. I'm now using the flooded heat shrink and 3M liquid seal on the shrink ends over connection joints and connectors where I can. Liberal use of CorrosionBlock on the connector threads and tips too. How would one terminate/bond the coax shields at the tower top in a manner that would not leave something open to potential corrosion?

Don W7WLL

-----Original Message----- From: N3AE