Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Rotor cable / Steppir cable connectors

To: ko7ss@yahoo.com, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Rotor cable / Steppir cable connectors
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 15:23:36 -0800
If weatherproof means waterproof, then that is a tall order. I've been using the TE Connectivity CPC series circular plastic connectors and silicone tape and 3M #33 for taping them and that seems to work. It is a bit tricky to get the right parts together (boots, pins, shells, housings) as they are ordered al a carte.

I've found that the series 1 shell size 17 is the best size, ok for 16 ga wire, gold pins are available, and 9 and 16 pin sizes are in stock at Mouser. Buy the cheap crimper and pin extractor, they are worth it. I've put these together wrong more than I care to admit. Digikey also stocks this line and once I've needed both sources to get the right parts.

see http://www.mouser.com/catalog/catalogusd/647/1671.pdf

Grant KZ1W