Re: [TowerTalk] Shiipping a TH7DXX

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Shiipping a TH7DXX
From: Jim Hoge <knowkode@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2014 03:40:09 -0800
Dwight,

I have used corrugated cardboard flatstock and fabricated my own boxes. It is
available at most stores that sell boxes and is sized similarly to plywood.

Bear in mind that shipping companies have size limits consisting of length plus
girth. Oversize charges apply when a certain length is reached. Check the
shipping company you plan to use before you box up the antenna.

When you pack the antenna, nest pieces within each other but skip sizes so that
they can easily be inserted and removed. This saves on the girth of the
package. For example, with .058" thick aluminum tubing, nest a 3/4" diameter
piece within a 1" piece, skipping the .7/8" diameter.

gl es 73,
Jim W5QM