Re: [TowerTalk] N6BT, Force12inc and JK Antennas

To: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] N6BT, Force12inc and JK Antennas
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 10:55:31 -0500

Bummer, I was not aware that DX Engineering discontinued the TX38. I
know that a lot of work went into optimizing this yagi for all three
bands and it also had four 10m elements. I think it would have been a
perfect contest expedition antenna.

John KK9A

On 2014-11-21 10:26, Kelly Taylor wrote:

> The TX-38 was sold to DX Engineering and was subsequently discontinued. It
> was expensive for only having three bands (it was almost Bencher Skyhawk
> money), but it did look like a fabulous design, particularly with four
> elements on 10.
>
> The people who were lucky enough to get one rave about it, but it appears
> there's not enough demand for pure tribanders any more. People want five
> bands.
>
> 73, kelly
> ve4xt
>
> On 11/21/14 9:16 AM, "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com> wrote:
>
>> Cycle-24's TX38 looks like it would also be a great expedition antenna
>> however the original poster was looking for a five band beam. The C3 and the
>> TX38 are not. John KK9A To: <towertalk@contesting.com> Subject: Re:
>> [TowerTalk] N6BT, Force12inc and JK Antennas From: "Ed Sawyer"
>> <sawyered@earthlink.net> Reply-to: sawyered@earthlink.net Date: Fri, 21 Nov
>> 2014 09:18:07 -0500 The C3 is the best short boom tribander out there in my
>> opinion. I have used them around the world. They are a clean pattern, smooth
>> SWR across the full band performer. At the end of the day, the gain
>> available is a function of boom length primarily. On 15 and 20, you are
>> going to help yourself by stuffing another element on a short boom. On 10M,
>> the argument could be made that another element would add value to this
>> antenna, but the antenna works as a nice package. On 12 and 17 - its just a
>> rotary dipole essentially - so if that's someone's interest, this isn't the
>> antenna for you. Nice advantage for
DXpeditions, you can break this baby down into a golf case. And there are no
finicky little motors and control lines to worry about. 73 Ed N1UR