Re: [TowerTalk] N6BT, Force12inc and JK Antennas

To: <sawyered@earthlink.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] N6BT, Force12inc and JK Antennas
From: "Bill Parry" <bparry@rgv.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 08:57:07 -0600
I tend to agree.  It has been my antenna of choice for the past 15 years. I
currently have a C3E (with the extra element on 10) and it works real nice.
We do multiop with this antenna our only one for 10-15-20.  We consistently
get over 100 countries on the CQWWCW test on all three bands. Must work
fairly well. My current C3E is at 120 feet.

Advantages: Nice small antenna with very little upkeep. Rotator handles it
with easy.
                Elements are stabile and don't vibrate and fall apart like
my Hygain monobanders used to.
                Works real well on all bands

Disadvantages:
                Very expensive (in my opinion) for an antenna of this size!
                Some of the elements are so close together that they touch
in the wind and fault my Alpha.

I bought this antenna on a lark and put it up.  My friends all used KT34XAs
at the time we did comparisons and the C3E was as good as or better than the
much larger and complex KT34XA. We use F12 antennas now! :-)

Bill W5VX