Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: Cordless solder irons

To: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: Cordless solder irons
From: Bill <bmarx@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 09:57:43 -0500
You could always use PowerPoles with a 12 volt light at the other end...

On 11/21/2014 9:46 AM, Jim Lux wrote:
On 11/19/14, 8:45 AM, Doug Renwick wrote:
Now that's a clever idea. Make two adapters for each end of the feed coax and run AC up to the top temporarily on the coax. Pulling up an AC cord is
much better than hauling a generator to the top.  I can't see anyone in
there right mind hauling a generator up.

At work, we joke about using a AC plug to coax connector adapter as a test tool to figure out where a mystery run of coax goes. Over the past 60 years, there have been lots of coax runs installed between labs. A bundle of coax disappears into the wall, ceiling or floor, and presumably connects to a similar looking bundle in some other lab. Rather than pay to run yet another line, you want to re-use what's available.

Hook up one end to the line current, and listen for screams or look for smoke at the other end as whatever is connected makes its presence known.