Re: [TowerTalk] Best Balun

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Best Balun
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 18:26:09 -0800
On 11/26/14, 5:20 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
On Wed,11/26/2014 5:02 PM, Herbert Schoenbohm wrote:
(Chip K7JA) their bead balun model EB-1 as this is easier for me to
install on the boom compared to the Comtek boxed unit which also
looked very good with their specs..

AAARGH! Most strings of beads are terrible chokes, because they are
inductive, not resistive, at the operating frequencies. This is
discussed in the tutorial I referenced earlier in this thread.

they use a Amidon 73 mix for this particular balun

I wonder why they don't use a 31 mix? tradition?