[TowerTalk] 2:1 Balun vs Q Section for Loops

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 2:1 Balun vs Q Section for Loops
From: "Kenneth Goodwin" <krgoodwin@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 10:01:13 -0600
Any thoughts on which is better for a full wave delta loop antenna - a 2:1
Balun or a quarter-wave coax stub (Q-Section) for matching a 80 meter delta
loop antenna (Z from 100 ohms to 50 ohms transmission line).  I've used a
quarter wave section of RG-11 along with an isolation/choke balun at the
antenna switch where the RG-8 meets up with the RG-11 (and the rest of my
antennas).  The Q-Section has always worked but I wonder about using a 2:1
balun instead of the coax matching mechanism.   Ken K5RG