Re: [TowerTalk] Crimp-on connectors for hardline.

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crimp-on connectors for hardline.
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 09:36:58 -0800
You've gotten good advice from Jeff and Arne, but I'll add to it. You're lucky with that cable -- matching connectors are widely available, even PL259, which is an excellent choice if you're using the hard line at HF. Google to find part numbers and sources, as well as installation instructions. I've installed not quite a dozen connectors on four or five different types of hard line. I don't consider myself an expert, but I got the job done. The hand tools needed are things like a hack saw, files, and adjustable wrenches. The link below is to a short application note compiling some things I learned in the process, including connector types for some line types and sources of those connectors. Far from complete, simply what I learned about the surplus and/or hard line that I found.

k9yc.com/HardLine.pdf

73, Jim K9YC