[TowerTalk] Single tower and 3 monoband yagis VS. large Triband Yagi

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Single tower and 3 monoband yagis VS. large Triband Yagi
From: RLVZ--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 17:13:11 -0500
Has anyone ever done an A/B test between a "Christmas Three"  and a large
interlaced Tri-Band Yagi such as a Optibeam OB16-3 or  Force Force C31XR,
each mounted at the same  height?  If so, please share the results with  us.

Based upon various Monobanders and TriBanders that I've  used during the
past 51 years, I'm thinking these two antenna  systems may have been equal in
performance about 50% of the time, and  that they each outperformed the
other by a small margin aprx. 25% of  the time.  Therefore, not a lot of
difference.  The Tribander  should be easier to construct and maintain, and two
of
these  TriBanders stacked and rotatable work pretty well for contesting.
(of  course, a stack of 3 is even nicer)

73,
Dick- K9OM