Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Now THIS is a tower climb!

To: "'Herbert Schoenbohm'" <herbert.schoenbohm@gmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Now THIS is a tower climb!
From: "W3YY" <w3yy@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 23:22:56 -0500
But I bet KQRS had their "on the air" light outside the glass, HI.

Sorry to be totally off topic, but for those of you who don't know, Herb was
a pioneer FM DJ in the 1960's at Minneapolis FM station KQRS.  As a college
student with my new $13 Mono FM tuner connected to my "Hi-Fi" system I would
listen to Herb for hours, as he featured knowledgeable broadcasts of
Brazilian jazz and other material.  And he was, and I assume still is, a
professional pianist and performer that could grace any stage.

His ham radio history is well known, but there is much more to this
individual than I think most are aware.

My apologies to K7LXC for this totally off-topic post, but I hope it
provided some interesting info about one of our TowerTalk members..

73, Bob - W3YY