Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna to Shack Ground Connection

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna to Shack Ground Connection
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 12:57:02 -0600
I would run the ground cable in the same trench.

John KK9A

To:     "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject:        [TowerTalk] Antenna to Shack Ground Connection
From:   "Cox, Norman R." <nrc@mst.edu>
Date:   Wed, 28 Jan 2015 15:43:35 +0000

Dear Group:

    I am now ready to connect the tower grounding rod network to  the shack
grounding system.  The crank-up tower is about 30 feet from the shack.  Is it
preferable to run the ground connection between the two along with signal
cables?  Or is it better to run the grounding connection not so close to the
signal cables?  I've seen people do it both ways, and can see a possible
benefit either way, but a lightning strike could throw either idea out the
window.

Thanks,

Norm
KE0ZT