Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: welding aluminum

To: grants2@pacbell.net, towertalk@contesting.com, mikflathead@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: welding aluminum
From: Chris <ezrhino@fastmovers.biz>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 10:13:41 -0700
Heh, how do you think he can keep his hands steady? :-)

Just sleeve the two lengths of tubing you're trying to join either internally
or externally, and weld it up!

Chris

---- mikflathead@aol.com wrote ----

>Did he drink the beer before welding:)

 /31/2015 7:49 AM, EZ Rhino wrote: > This topic is being over-analyzed, as
usual. It's not rocket science! We're talking about an amateur radio project
here, not building a space shuttle. There are towers made of aluminum, with
welded cross bracing, so I guess that means all aluminum towers are
structurally flawed? Not a chance. > > My mountain bike has carbon fiber tubes
and an aluminum rear triangle, bottom bracket, and headset. The aluminum and
carbon are joined with epoxy. It produces great results, as if all components
are one piece and the entire bike is very stiff. MANY aluminum bikes are also
TIG welded; just go into a bike store and take a look. > > Aluminum is welded
in thousands of structural products. As long as things are designed with the
right materials and design, loss of temper is the last thing I would be
concerned with. > > Chris > KF7P > > > On Jan 31, 2015, at 6:21 , Jim Thomson
wrote: > > Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 1:47:09 -0500 > From: <caraj@cox.net> > To:
  Jim Thomson <jim.thom@telus.net>, towertalk@contesting.com > Cc:
caraj@cox.net, k2sfs73@gmail.com > Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] welding aluminum >
> Jim: > What's the name of this super duper glue in the US. > > Thanks, >
John, K2SFS > > ## Dunno. I should phone them up and ask. I googled it and
found > varying info on the subject. If its not too expensive, I should get
some, > just to experiment with. > > Jim VE7RF > >