[TowerTalk] Mosley Antenna Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mosley Antenna Question
From: "Mike Ryan" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 00:54:31 -0500
Over the years I have heard stories of unexplained failures with Mosley
antennas which were equally unexplained as having to do with the selection of
certain coax cables. One recent incident was with a local here that had trouble
getting a PRO 67 to ‘cooperate’ only with the use of RG 213 cable. Recalling
this story, I have been asked to assist with the install of a Mosley TA-53, 5
band beam on a 14ft boom.  NOTHING in the manual (which is dated) suggests this
but an on-line review of the TA-63 and a peek at a manual found on-line also
seem to suggest that the ‘recommended coax is RG213”.  Any comments on the
validity and reason for the use of JUST RG-213 and not some other 50/52 ohm
cable?  Thanks....  - Mike