[TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: effect of two wire antennas end to end

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: effect of two wire antennas end to end
From: Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 23:11:10 -0500
Jim,

Correct me if I'm  wrong but I would not recommend to used a dipole totally
isolated from ground.  My personally experience with that is that you will have
problems with electrostatic discharge.

The feedline from my OCF dipole is part of the radiation system even if I
really didn't intend to do that., Unlike most locations, I have no problems
with local noise coupling into the feed line.

I would be interesting to know if it is possible to design a special balun that
can balance the two unequal parts of the OCF with a "no common mode current" in
the feed line but still with a galvanic connection to avoid static build-up.

Hans - N2JFS