Re: [TowerTalk] Zerk fitting for MA-40

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Zerk fitting for MA-40
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 13:40:48 -0500
An extensive university (I forget which one) engineering department study tested penetrating oil products like Rust Buster, WD-40, etc. None, including the expensive ones beat a 50-50 mix of ATF and Acetone.

I mixed up some and have been getting good results. I recommend you try this mix before you give up on Easy-Outs and their ilk. Left handed drill bits work in some instances but be careful with the smaller sizes as when they break off they are in the way of trying other approaches.

Good luck to you.

Patrick   NJ5G