Re: [TowerTalk] antenna choices

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] antenna choices
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 10:26:30 -0700

For mass production you need a mass market. I don't think there is one anymore. Optibeam pretty much builds to order (although of course they stock parts and tubing), and given the variety of models required to be credible I suspect other companies do mostly the same. I don't think you have a clue about the scale of the market or the costs involved. Stop and consider all the antenna companies that have folded or been sold in the decade or two ... some several times. If selling cheaper antennas on a large scale was as lucrative as you claim somebody would be doing it, but reality is headed in the other direction.

Dave   AB7E