Re: [TowerTalk] antenna choices

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] antenna choices
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 16:01:58 -0700
On Fri,4/10/2015 9:56 AM, Bry Carling wrote:
Mass production always lowers the price. That is not a fair comparison.
Somebody somewhere is quite happily making Cushcraft antennas for a much lower
price than these multi thousand dollar antennas.

MFJ owns all those companies now, they are in a low wage area with no unions to protect workers, their products are widely seen as low quality. I don't know how they are for support. I keep hearing stories of cold solder joints in their electronic products. Their power amps are cheaply made, that's why they're sold cheap. Many use the acronym, Mighty Fine Junk. If you don't care about what you're buying, go ahead and play cheap. But don't be surprised when the mechanical parts aren't wonderful, when some are missing, when they don't fit together quite right, and when they don't hold up in the weather.

73, Jim K9YC