[TowerTalk] Replacement Thrust Bearing

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>, J D Lambright <jdlambrightatty@gmail.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Replacement Thrust Bearing
From: J D Lambright <jdlambrightatty@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 23:56:38 -0500
 I also wanted to keep the rain and sun off the thrust bearings on my UST
HDX-589 towers.  I'm using the following 6 in. to 2 in. flexible rubber
coupling installed on the 2 in. mast immediately above the bearing.  The
stainless steel hose clamp on the 2 in. end allows you to adjust it really
snugly against the mast.  The P/N is Fernco 1056-62.

I just installed the first one today, but it appears that it should work
quite well.  I also installed one over the rotator mast clamps to shield
most of the rainwater from the top of the Orion  OR2800PXAZ rotator.

http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/FERNCO-1056-62-Flexible-Coupling-ID-6.38-x-2.40-In/40912525

J D Lambright - KF5U