Re: [TowerTalk] Precipitation static

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Precipitation static
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 09:49:14 -0400
At N1UR, I have parallel - phased - terminated - 1000ft beverages aimed at
Europe.  With a 20dB preamp (with gain up to 20Mhz), I can usually receive
EU within 2 S units of the full stack or either of the 2 antennas.  First is
always to switch to the bottom antenna during rain or snow static, but if
the signals are favoring the stack or the top antenna (about 50% of the time
at my hillside QTH), I use the beverages and transmit with the best antenna.
The best bang for my buck - bar none - on 160 - 20M - is those phased
beverages to EU.  The front to back on 40 and 80M is amazing.

73

Ed  N1UR

By the way - here in Vermont is much more likely snow static than rain
static.