[TowerTalk] Adding insulators to bottom guys

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Adding insulators to bottom guys
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 06:10:32 -0700
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 06:35:19 -0400
From: Randy Lake <randyn1kwf@gmail.com>
To: towertalk@contesting.com

Good morning.
I have a 100' R25 guyed with 1/4" EHS. The bottom set of guys are not
insulated. I would like to add insulators and would like some guidance. Can
I drop the bottom set without temp guys?
Any input will be greatly appreciated.
Randy Lake N1KWF

--
Randy Lake N1KWF
73 Gunn Rd.

##  rohn 25 is small tower.  How many sets of guys do u have on there right now
??
I would not take a chance, not using  the existing lowest guys..as temp guys.
Like stan sez...
use the existing lowest guys as temp guys..and install the new set..with
insulators..right below em.

##  IF u had 4 sets of guys..at 25-50-75-100.... then maybe the lowest set
could be temp removed,
and insulators installed.   I sure would not chance it with only 3 sets of guys
at say 33-66-99. The lowest
portion of the tower  from either 0-50 ft..or  0-66 ft  could easily flop
about..esp if the wind gets up.

## safest bet is to obtain another guy bracket..and install it right below the
lowest guy point.

Jim   VE7RF