Re: [TowerTalk] Adding insulators to bottom guys

To: towertalk@contesting.com, randyn1kwf@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Adding insulators to bottom guys
From: K7LXC--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 12:20:19 -0400
>  I have a 100' R25 guyed with 1/4" EHS. The bottom set of  guys are not
insulated. I would like to add insulators and would like some  guidance. Can
I drop the bottom set without temp guys?

Howdy --

    I recommend Philly or Polyrod for populated  towers but the advantages
of an insulated guy for the bottom set is pretty  marginal since the rf goes
out horizontally and has little or no effect on  antennas on the top of the
tower. If it was my tower, I wouldn't bother. It's  not worth the expense
or work IMO.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Professional tower services for  amateurs