[TowerTalk] Polyrod (was: Re: Rotating tower guying question)

To: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com, TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Polyrod (was: Re: Rotating tower guying question)
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Mon, 04 May 2015 18:03:33 -0700
On 5/4/2015 6:08 AM, Bill via TowerTalk wrote:

For my money, Polyrod is THE only way to go.  2/3 the cost of  Philly.
It's what utility companies use.  I have about 200 ft of  brand new stuff left
over from my current station that I plan to use out in KH6  for the new
station.  Anyone have a few left over 5/16 PLP ends to  sell?

K4XS/KH7XS

Since the utility companies don't care about RF resonances,
why would they want to use Polyrod?  Is there a need to
be insulated from 60 Hz high voltage?  Or is Polyrod
so superior to steel that is worth using even if they
don't care about the electrical properties?

Can it be purchased from the same distributors that sell
stuff like AB Chance anchors to the utilities?

Is Polyrod difficult to work with, like copperweld,
where it "remembers" being coiled up?  How do the "PLP
ends" work?

73
Rick N6RK