Re: [TowerTalk] sealing PL259's

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] sealing PL259's
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 11:15:22 -0500
Roger that, Roger. I was wondering when someone would mention the other end. You can unscrew the threaded part all the way and put sealing material where it will seal the gap as the threaded portion is secured back together and onto the male connector.

Shrink with the heat released goo inside is a good solution but failing that other sealants can be put in place before shrinking standard shrink tubing. Some easily removed stufff like coax-seal put on before the goo enabled heat shrink tubing makes it much easier to take it all apart if that should ever be desired.

Patrick   NJ5G