Re: [TowerTalk] EPA PE stamped plans

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] EPA PE stamped plans
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 16:16:46 -0400
Ed, WA3DRC, said:

"I want to install 30 or 40 feet of rohn 25 against my house. It is against
a garage wall that is not that tall, so I can probably only put 1 bracket.
The Rohn design specs show bracketed towers starting at 40 feet, but the all
require at least 2 brackets.

I was told by my township zoning office that I need PE stamped plans"

Before you do this, you might want to check a couple of things: What is the
max height of an ancillary structure allowed to your house within the
current zoning?  In many places, that height is 35ft.  In which case, you
may not need more than a normal permit (like for a deck) to build your
antenna support structure (never use the word tower).  Additionally,
consider a crank up or tilt over tower, which will often have no wind or PE
needs.

There is nothing more cost ineffective than a tower needing a bunch of
certified plans that is only a few feet higher than it needs to be to become
way less complicated.

73

Ed  N1UR