Re: [TowerTalk] Need Help with AN Wireless Thrust Bearings

To: Doug Smith <dougsmith@wavecable.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need Help with AN Wireless Thrust Bearings
From: Robert Harmon <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 09:01:49 -0700
Doug,

Jim nailed it.   That is how to set up a bearing with an eccentric ring.  I
have the same
bearing only it is made by SKF and has a four bolt mounting flange.  Don't
forget to cinch
down the set screw on the side when you are finished.
Here is a SKF tutorial on setting up the eccentric ring also.  You don't need
to use a hook spanner wrench
as they show.  Just tap it around with hammer and drift pin.

http://www.skf.com/group/products/bearings-units-housings/bearing-units/ball-bearing-units/y-bearing-flanged-units/mounting/y-bearing-flanged-units-pressed-steel-housing/eccentric-collar-locking-on-the-shaft/index.html

73,
Bob
K6UJ