Re: [TowerTalk] AN tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] AN tower
From: Kevin Stover <kevin.stover@mediacombb.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 17:23:01 -0500
That's the youtube vid I saw last week.
There's got to be several hundred yards of concrete in each pad.
The concrete trucks and pump look like toys.
It's interesting to me because Iowa leads the nation in wind turbine energy production followed by Texas and California.

I have seen AN Structures and Trylon tower members together.
The AN steel members are an estimated 50% thicker and the bolts are larger.
If I'm reading the AN allowed area file correctly an HD70 will take the average Ham tower load of 12-15 sqft all the way out to 130 mph. Trylon doesn't make anything that heavy.

The antennas and your neighbors houses will start coming apart at 100mph but your tower won't.

That's assuming the creative engineering of the base is minimized. The prime directive is in effect.