Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: Homebrew tower...

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: Homebrew tower...
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 15:01:46 +0000
I think the real problem here is that Douglas is in Cuba.  There is no
meaningful free enterprise - the government either owns or controls all non
black market commerce. Mean salary is equivalent to $22 USD a month. There are
two peso currencies - a convertible (to foreign money) the CUC and the national
CUP.  Unless you are a tourist or have certain privileges, your access to money
is mostly the CUP. I don't know firsthand if there is a functioning retail
scrap metal industry in Cuba. I surmise that there is not given that the
country imports much of the metal it uses and mostly lacks the facilities to
process recycled material.

He's trying to build a tower with the limited resources available to him and is
probably going to have to make significant compromises.

Al
AB2ZY