Re: [TowerTalk] Brake Winches

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Brake Winches
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 10:53:54 -0500
There is more than one type of winch brake. Worm drives above a certain reduction ratio won't "motor" or allow the load to turn the winch. There are no brake parts as such but you get full control and if you turn lose of the handle the load will not be able to turn the winch. No brake parts = no brake parts to wear or overheat in use.

Stand by for others to comment on the brakes with dedicated brake parts.

Patrick    NJ5G