Re: [TowerTalk] Brake Winches

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Brake Winches
From: "N2TK, Tony" <tony.kaz@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 15:51:32 -0400
I use a BB Brothers 30:1 worm drive winch (Now Wintech W200-5) to tilt over
80' of Rohn 45. The wire rope goes through a pulley on the 40' end of the
Rohn 45 falling derrick and back down to the winch. I use a heavy B&D 3/4"
reversible drill to raise and lower the tower. I added a pipe as an extended
handle to the drill motor. The other side of the drill has a long handle
which has the On-Off switch.    You really need to hang on to raise the
tower. Lots of torque.

I use a multipurpose lithium-based EP-1 grease. Is there a better grease to
use with this winch to lower the friction?

73,
N2TK, Tony