Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Build

To: towertalk@contesting.com, n9wx@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Build
From: K7LXC--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 16:06:39 -0400
>  I am planning a tower build in about a year. Like to have  someone tell
me all the things to consider that I might not be, or point in the
direction of a website that will. I live on 4 acres in N. Texas.
Tower: AN  Wireless  Probably HHD-70/80 or HD-70/80 (I do not want guy
wires)
Antenna(s): At this point considering an Optibeam 18-6
or
Hy-gain TH-11 and some sort of 2 element 40m Yagi (maybe a 2m vertical
and/or 6m Yagi at top)

>  ( A very large rotator like the  prosistel PST-71D)
I plan on having a professional company do the install.

>  Any suggestions on the antennas? My operating habits are Rag
chew....and casual contesting/DX-ing as I have young children at home and don't
 have
time to be hard core! ;-)

    First, a copy of UP THE TOWER - The Complete Guide  To Tower
Construction is an excellent source of many answers to tower  installation.
Available
from _www.championradio.com_ (http://www.championradio.com) .

    As far as antennas, our on-the-air comparison of  triband yagis yields
lots of interesting reading. Read about "real" performance  and not
manufacturer hype. Also available from _www.championradio.com_
(http://www.championradio.com) .

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC