Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: FW: Fwd: Worm Gears

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: FW: Fwd: Worm Gears
From: "Ron W8RJL" <youngron@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 15:28:12 -0400
Yep, Stiction Friction. Learned about it back in early 60's when we had to send a "dither" signals to gyros to overcome Stiction Friction and improve accuracy (missile program). What's the old saying, things at rest tend to stay at rest and things in motion like to keep moving or something like that ;-)
Ron W8RJL

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Harmon" <k6uj@pacbell.net>