Re: [TowerTalk] guy posts math

To: ak4qa@msn.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] guy posts math
From: Bill via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 15:41:30 -0400
big fan of guessing on a 100 ft tower.

Some guys use a steel girder as the post.

Bill K4XS/KH7XS

In a message dated 7/16/2015 7:24:58 P.M. Coordinated Universal Time,
ak4qa@msn.com writes:

Does  anyone have a the formula for guy posts?
I have a friend that wants  tall guy posts (7 feet) for a 100 foot tower so
he can walk under them.   I need to show him the stress that is involved in
that as opposed to 2 feet  out of the ground.
I've always used the wooden pole rule of thumb; for  every foot up you need
3 feet down.
Also, if you have the calculation for  the back guy (i.e. earth screws)
well my friends, that would be gravy on my  biscuit!
All the best and
73,LeeAK4QA