Re: [TowerTalk] Soldering on the Tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Soldering on the Tower
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 08:06:18 -0500
What you are describing is a catalytic heater not unlike the lighter fluid fueled pocket warmers. No actual flame just fuel oxidizing and releasing heat at the site of the catalyst (platinum or...) I have a very small butane powered one of these suitable for "micro" soldering on circuit boards but useless for big jobs like a PL-259 in a winter wind.

Patrick   NJ5G