Re: [TowerTalk] Someone's Tower Fall Over in OK?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Someone's Tower Fall Over in OK?
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 08:52:17 -0500
I have a mile and a half drive to gas stations. On the way a new sign appeared in my neighbor's pasture advertising SWD and listing a multi-digit approval number.

I was like, "WELL DU-UH!" but a little research and it is an advertisement for SALT WATER DISPOSAL wells. Got several barrels of salt water separated out from your crude oil? For a fee you can stick it back underground, out of sight and out of mind, just call 405-xxx-xxxx. Some oil wells produce as much or more salt water than oil.

I am 60 miles SSE of OKC and have felt one earthquake in 15 years. It banged my grandfather clock weights into the pendulum and randomly sounded some of the chimes but made no visible movement whatsoever of my two great room fans on 10 ft down rods. Apparently the frequency of the trembling was much closer to the resonant freq of the clock weights than the fans on 10 ft down rods.

I heard it quite well in advance of the shaking motion.

We currently have about 5 times as many earth quakes as California. Due to having the best state government that oil money can buy I don't see a lot being done to curtail SWD or fracking in a meaningful way.

Patrick        NJ5G